Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

FIRE STARTER - Beaded Goddess Pendant Necklace

Finally! A new listing! Let me introduce FIRE STARTER! This bead embroidered Goddess pendant was actually started a couple of years ago. She was intended to have been part of a series of Female Archetype pendants I was working on for a gallery show. Somehow, she never got finished and became a dreaded UFO (UnFinished Object) in my studio. Since I have recently become COMPLETELY infatuated with the color orange, she simply had to come out from hiding and make her fiery debut! The inspiration for this piece came from the fantastic vintage filigree earring - I'm not sure if the metallic flecks are embedded in the glass cab or just a backing but that cab ROCKS!! What a terrible thing that earrings come in pairs and I have another one of these in my stash. (*yay!*) She measures just over 4 1/2" tall and is suspended from a reclaimed, gold plated rope chain necklace (18" long). Click on the pictures to get a better look or you can find her in my Etsy shop here.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is an attention grabber. I predict it will sell in a flash. Great colors, especially if someone is longing for spring. Wonderful piece. Just beautiful. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazingly vibrant piece - it's almost electric! I love those orange galvanised seeds too - I have used those in a few of my pieces. Gorgeous work - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely stunning piece! Love it!

    ReplyDelete