Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mountains out of Mole-hills

Here is my quote for the year:

"Having the ability to make mountains out of mole-hills does not make you a landscape artist."
- Cindy Caraway

Yep, that's mine. I wrote it this morning. I'm thinking of sending it into Hallmark to see if they would like to use it on a greeting card or something. Maybe they would like to start a new line called "Humble Pie" or "Suffering Fools".

To say that I was not at my best yesterday would be a supreme understatement and this quote pretty much sums things up. What I hate most about situations blown out of proportion is that I am the one typically doing the blowing while no one else seems to even notice that anything is amiss until the great wind named "Cindy" comes barreling through. I wouldn't be so disappointed in myself except that this sort of thing has happened to me too many times before. It's silly and I hate to be a fool. Only fools make the same mistakes twice and I am a fool many times over for the same reason. There are just times when I don't think, when I don't try to figure out what's really going on, when I just assume what others are thinking (because I know it all, you see...) and the worst of my personality traits come bubbling to the surface and I do rash things. Luckily, this type of situation doesn't happen very often - every few years or so - maybe that's why I forget that I told myself "Never again..." the last time. In every instance my foolish ways have been forgiven by friends and loved ones - I am a lucky girl, indeed - and so I am vowing to never push my luck again. We'll just have to see how it goes...

Another lesson finally ingrained in my little pea brain after way too much personal experience: Email is dangerous. Emails do not have vocal inflection, facial expressions or body language. Even with "emoticons" things said in an email can be read many ways. What to do instead?? Call. Pick up the freaking phone and call. Find out what's really going on before you let your imagination run away with you and you make a fool of yourself...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment