Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

18 Hours and Counting



Well, here I am at 18 hours - almost on the dot! I have finished the center "bib" part of my embroidered necklace and now the lizard has a permanent home. I love the way the colors flow into each other. It's a bit of a gamble to try to use this many colors on one piece but I really am pleased with it :) Now, my next decision: fringe?? Also: What type of neck "strap" do I want this piece to have? And finally: What should I call this piece? (I'm thinking about calling it "Chameleon") These are questions I might have to sleep on for a while. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this peek into the process.
 



4 comments:

  1. I like the fringe idea. I might end them with pressed glass leaves, to go along with the chameleon theme.

    I tend to go with double spiral rope if I can't think of anything else for straps.

    It's looking lovely! I can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pleasure to view your blog, Cindy! Your work is utterly divine and such an inspiration. I love your latest work in progress, it is so beautiful. And I can't wait to see it finished! No pressure though ;) hehe I'm sure however you decide to finish it, it will be perfect!

    Happy beading,
    Belinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy ... I love watching the progress of this piece, and right now it's looking spectacular. I love all those colours together. Your lizard looks very comfortable sitting there. :)

    How big is the bib part Cindy?

    Oh, and I love Charmeleon as a name for this piece. Can't wait for the next installment.

    cheers
    Maryanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, yummy! Love it, Cindy!
    Vote for fringe. ;)

    ReplyDelete