Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Friday, August 10, 2012

Catch of the Day!

We have a little putt-putt fishing boat that we enjoy taking out on the Mighty Mississippi. Some of you may already know that I love to fish! The hot weather and hectic schedule has kept us off the river lately but we finally went out early Monday morning. Lots of fish were caught but ultimately we brought home 3 freshwater drum, 2 catfish and a bluegill. What a tasty dinner we had that night! Here is a shot of me with the catch of the day - my monster freshwater drum, measuring in at 23" long!

4 comments:

  1. Cool! We like to fish too, but in little lakes around here. Its so serene. I don't have a bucket list, per se, but I have never seen the Mississippi and that is one thing we plan to do, perhaps on my way to see Bison, another thing not on a BL.

    I never saw or heard of a drum fish. That guy was pretty big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to go west, woman!! See the mighty Mississippi - she's beautiful.

    The fish is called a Freshwater Drum but a lot of people around here also call them Perch. Just a simple white fish but tasty just the same and great fun to catch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That's some fish! So glad I found your blog. We love to fish, too - lake and ocean. Jewelry and Mixed media..ck! Going to be a happy ck in to your blog!

    ReplyDelete