Starting anew is always a good thing! Here is Vol. 1 of "Artful Living on the Bluff" for you to enjoy. While I am not contributing new material to this blog, please feel free to look around and then visit me at the new and (hopefully) improved "Artful Living on the Bluff" blog at artfullivingonthebluff.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Bright Colors and a New Commission - Part 2

In an earlier post, I showed you the beginnings of a commission piece for my friend Ali. She's getting married in October and her colors are any but ordinary! An artist herself, trained as a sculptor but concentrating on fiber art and quilting at the moment, she wanted her wedding jewelry to reflect her passion. Here are just some peeks of the progress. None of the components are permanently attached yet because I still want the freedom of moving them around. This just happens to be one of the many arrangements to date. I would love to know what you think - symmetry? asymmetry? More orange? Less blue? Whatever... leave a comment and let me know! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it so far.

    I love the two oranges side by side. I think I would add a really dark cobalt blue- but that is one of my favorite colors.

    What does the dress look like? I would love to see it all put together, i.e dress and necklace when it is complete.

    I have collected fiestaware for years and this necklace reminds me of why. Bright colors make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the bride loves orange so I'm trying to incorporate as much as possible. The cobalt is a great idea. I will have to see what I can find in my stash - but I'm always up for a trip to the fabric store!

    Thanks for mentioning Fiestaware - I like having non-jewelry inspiration when creating jewelry - sort of an "out-of-the-box" exercise.

    I'll be sure to share some photos of the ensemble all put together (if the bride approves!).
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete